Sunday, January 25, 2009

Comer, Rezar, Amar y Morir en un Incendio

Starting tommorow I'll be in D.F. Cuidad de Mexico, and while there I'm going to be in talks with Televisa, Mexico's largest television network about adapting my still unpublished debut novel "Eat, Pray, Love & Die in a Fire" into a nationally broadcast telenovella! "Comer, Rezar, Amar y Morir en un Fuego" will be a terse melodrama set in far off corners of the globe. The production company has already sent out a casting call for "Arabes y Chinos" to be extras on the exotic-looking sets they are having built outside the city. Initially I had some concerns that the production values of a typical telenovella wouldn't be high enough to recreate the titular immolation realistically, but the studio heads have guaranteed me "Un chingo de dinero" for CGI visual effects. I'd love to see a high powered starlet like Cecilia Cruz in the lead role of "the seeker" but we'll probably end up with some second-rate has-been like Chi-Chi Lopez or Miranda Posole. Tentatively, they are slotting the show in between "Sin Senos no hay Paradiso" and "Que Hiciste con mi Hijo?!". If we can work out the distribution rights, we may get syndication in the U.S. on Univision, so keep an eye out! That's all for now, I've got a big meeting and "desayuno de coca" with the network suits in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment