Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lilly Thai


My search for authentic Thai in Williamsburg took me down to Lilly Thai on Grand St. for a solo lunch. I had an inkling that I had found my place when, after the first course's authentically trashy iceburg salad with anemic tomatoes and thick peanut sauce, they brought out a slightly spicy, not gloopy, complex-tasting pad thai with a nest of carved vegetables on top. Yes, the shrimps were a bit dubious, but that didn't really bother me.
















My suspicion that this place was the real deal was further bolstered by the caddy of lovely, colorful homemade condiments that came out when I asked for chili sauce. But this suspicion was not fully realized until I heard the Scorpions in full-on balladry mode on the house stereo- "Still Loving You" followed by "Always Somewhere"... thats when I truly felt like I was back in Thailand.



No comments:

Post a Comment