Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Best Meal of my Life?

The day after the Polka Madre anniversary party I walked around Coyuacan in a blissed-out daze, just so in love with that neighborhood. The buildings, the colors, the quiet streets, the people in the square, and the food in the market were all just so sublime. I was hung over and hungry and I went into the market to try these famous tostadas.












































One tostada was shrimp, the other was ceviche. Every ingredient was so fresh and succulent that juice would run down your chin with every bite. Yet, somehow the freshly fried tortilla was just thick enough to support all the toppings. The salsas were face-meltingly hot, the shredded lettuce was cool, the guacamole rich. The fish was flaked, raw and translucent in a pile just seconds before they piled it on to the tostada, added lime and turned into instant ceviche. This was one of the best meals of my life, hands down.

1 comment: